Old 04-27-11, 02:17 PM
Brian Ratliff

Bikes: Three road bikes. Two track bikes.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BotByte
It matters if you're staring directly into the sun.

It really doesn't matter. I ride with yellow lenses because it helps your eye reaction speed and it keeps road tar from embedding into my retinas.
Originally Posted by seejohnbike
peer reviewed evidence, or gtfo...

otherwise, what brian said.
I think what he is saying is just another way of saying yellow lenses increase contrast. Increasing the contrast between light and dark would allow the eye to react faster. The flip side to this is I can't stand yellow in anything but overcast/rainy weather. When it's sunny, yellow lenses just wash everything out. It's worse than bare eyes.

I have two pair of glasses (Native and Rudy Project), both with various color lenses. Between the two, I have clear, yellow, rose (red/pink), and dark blue lenses. Those four are pretty much all I need for anything. One of the pair (Native) has a dark rose colored lens which is polarized, which is kind of cool.
"If you’re new enough [to racing] that you would ask such question, then i would hazard a guess that if you just made up a workout that sounded hard to do, and did it, you’d probably get faster." --the tiniest sprinter