Old 05-06-11, 01:54 PM
mazdaspeed

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Anyone else constantly being shaken down for money on ebay?

So recently I've had an ever increasing amount of buyers complaining about the things they've bought from me. Nothing was actually wrong with any of these things, yet I keep getting very similar emails that usually follow:

Item not as described: Hello blah blah I was very upset when I went to install this or that and noticed that blah blah please respond with a solution or I will have to file a paypal dispute.

I think maybe what's happening is people are screwing things up when they install them, or they realize it's not what they wanted, and they take advantage of ebay and paypal's policies that allow them to act like belligerent children and get refunds.

This has literally happened over ~25% of things I've sold. Usually after I explain to them how to install whatever it is and that nothing is actually wrong with it, they drop it, but sometimes I am forced to issue a refund or partial refund because of the draconian ebay/paypal policies.

I've also had one case where the buyer claimed they received an empty box, to which paypal sided with them and I had to give them a refund, allowing them to presumably keep the parts and the money.

I think that if one so desired to, they could buy things and not actually pay for them just because of said policies.

This, on top of the ever increasing fees, makes me question whether it's even worth using ebay anymore.

What do you guys think?