View Single Post
Old 05-09-11, 02:26 AM
tmac100

Bikes: More bicycles than I can ride at one time: 2 custom made tourers, a Brompton 6-speed, and an Indian-made roadster.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
So this year you're riding Perth to Sydney, and then in 2013 you're riding Perth to Darwin (or Darwin to Perth)?

If you're coming through Victoria in August, it will likely be quite cool and wet ... and even snowy in the mountains.
HI,

I sent you and Rowan a PM a short time ago. The original plan changed - Sanford (ex-MacGregor, MB) suggested we break the trip into 2 years and "make Chateau Neuf de Pa... instead of Wonder Wine" by doing half the distance in the same timeframe of 7ish weeks. That way, we could "see the sights" and then not have to do 150 km days, so that is what we will do. Leave Sydney on the IP on June 22nd and get into Adelaide the next avro. Then head off and go north and then east thru the Flinders, then Broken Hill, then... Also somewhere get to the Barossa Valley and maybe Mt. Gambier, and ...

We both will have until August 17th when my flight leaves SYD and I head to China.

As Sanford and I are both from Manitoba we can either dress warmly, OR wait out the ice on the roads and hole up in some local hotel and tell stories in the pub about the snows in Manitoba - and the blizzards in March of 1966 and 1997 that we both lived thru even though the airports and cities were disaster zones..

My sleeping bag is a 3-season one that is good to about -7 C so even if we are in a tent it will be warm - the mylar covered sleeping pad will also reflect body heat at the bottom.