View Single Post
Old 05-11-11, 12:20 PM
bikex10

Bikes: Cannondale's R2000, R-1000, RT1000 Tandem , Killer-V 900HT, Miyata Dupli/Cross Tandem , Specialized Ground Control A1 Comp , K2 5.0 Comp , Trek 820 , Giant Kronos lugged steel ,Raleigh M-60, Gary Fisher Pro-Caliber.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by swc7916
It's quite possible that if the pedal is adequately lubricated and the spindle is screwed in tight that the rotational forces are not high enough to unscrew the pedal, but are you refuting the notion that the rotational forces of a pedal on the "wrong" side are in a direction to unscrew the pedal? Are you also disagreeing with idea that if you're going to go this way that you should make sure that the pedals are tight and to check them once in a while?

I frequently read these forums, but every once in a while I get stupid and post something, forgetting that there's always someone out there to tell you that you don't know what you're talking about. Hopefully I'm smarter now and can refrain from posting ever again.
I'm not saying not to check the pedals I check the pedals on all my bikes form time to time. However I have never found the pedals loose on our mountain tandem.