Thread: Weight lifting
View Single Post
Old 10-10-02, 09:22 AM
RWTD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think a 12-15 rep range is usually recommended for endurance training(which entails relatively light weight).I think the full body split is actually the way to go for endurance/toning doing perhaps two or three sets of 2 or three exercises for each body part(probably the low end initially).Keep the rest between sets and exercises low as this will build endurance and help burn more fat as well.Focus on doing the movement correctly and feeling the targeted muscle group working rather than simply going through the motions.Start with low weight or even just the bar and add weight gradually. You should probably vary the exercises initially as well and settle on those that seem most effective for you at that time(believe me this will change over time).There are several websites with video like demonstrations of exercises but I don't have the URL's.Like nathank suggest a trainer may be helpful initially to recommend and demonstrate exercises but I'll try and wing it and give you a sample with one compound and one isolation exercise per group.Abs(hanging leg raises/crunches)Chest(bench press/fly)Back(cable pulldown/row)shoulder(press/lateral raise)Bicep(curl/cable curl)Tricep(french press/cable pushdowns)Quads(squat/extensions)hams(bent knee deadlift/curls)calves(standing toe raises/seated toe raises).