Old 05-14-11, 09:35 PM
Stubby

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by smasha
i don't have a good scale. IIRC... the small lock is 14oz. the big lock is 21 oz.

i think the chain is 5lb, but i'm not sure. my pannier bags swallow them up and i don't even know it's there.

just ask them in an email and post the weight here. i think they can also cut a custom length, which is very nice.

wheel locks are useless, but combined with a decent chain or decent U-lock they're alright. in the same sense, cable locks are useless, but i'll often use a cable through one wheel and a NY3000 through the rear wheel and seat stays. i don't think anyone would fight with a 10mm krypto-cable (much tougher than a "regular" 10mm steel cable) just to get my front wheel.
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking it might weigh in at about 10 lb. so it may not be as bad as I thought. I just ordered one as i'm just tired of wrestling with the smallish U-lock I have.

I agree that wheel locks on there own are not a good idea, but combined with a good chain or U-lock for the frame and front wheel it makes locking up a good deal easier. Someone walking away with the rear wheel is very unlikely with a wheel lock. I love-um just for that.