Old 05-15-11, 02:50 PM
Kristen23

Bikes: Trek XO1, Fuji Feather

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mihlbach
Another option for you would be a flip flop bmx hub. Bmx flip flops have smaller metric threads on one side for which there are thread-on freewheels as low as 13t, which, when paired with you 49t ring is still going to give you what most athletes would agree is an absurdly high gear for training.

You are free to do what you want, of course, but don't expect others not to comment when what you are asking for defies common sense. I know a lot of runners, triathletes, trainers, and cyclists and I don't think a single one of them would ever recommend the gear ratio that you are aiming for. You may be convinced that an extremely high gear ratio is good training, but have you considered the possibility that running a more reasonable gear ratio would benefit you even more.
I've considered the bmx flip-flop, however I'm leaning more towards a freehub that takes cogs. I love riding in the rain, and assume that isn't the best thing for a freewheel.

I realize I defy common sense. Lol. Sorry I got a bit defensive. I do have out of the ordinary training techniques that almost no one agrees with! To each his/her own. I do appreciate the advice though.