View Single Post
Old 05-16-11, 11:03 AM
Doohickie
You gonna eat that?

Bikes: 1966 Raleigh DL-1 Tourist, 1973 Schwinn Varsity, 1983 Raleigh Marathon, 1994 Nishiki Sport XRS

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by bluefoxicy
Absolutely nothing. People talk to me; I can't hide away in my car, isolated from the world. It's hard work, I'm exhausted, sometimes I'm in pain, my heart nearly explodes, it's hard to carry very large things, I'm not skilled yet (barely ride one hand, no-hands for less than a second), and I don't have cleats on my combat boots (Belleville 770 ... thinking on getting a second pair half a size down for a better fit, and routing around on those to install SPDs with a waterproof seal via some Tool Dip). I have the commute from Hell: it's 7-9 miles long (depending on route--longer to avoid traffic in annoying places), I'm about 30% faster in my car, it's constant up and down hill, the roads haven't been maintained since they've been paved, and the drivers are all insane enough that I've developed racecar-driver-like reflexes when I'm driving my car just to survive (not to mention the ninja cyclists appearing directly in front of me at night time--you know I can stop faster without ABS than most people can stop with ABS?).

But why the hell would I let the little things stop me?
Ah, well then. Perhaps I can interest you in another thread.

Originally Posted by bragi "However, it's never a good idea to overgeneralize."