View Single Post
Old 05-17-11, 04:04 AM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1370 Post(s)
Liked 1,743 Times in 934 Posts
Hello Ted;

I have no idea what your Miele is worth. To me it would be somewhat special since it is of Italian, rather than Canadian origin and that fact can be used as a selling feature.

But price depends on many things. Were you are located, the condition of the bike, the make and model of the bike an even how big the bike is. I recently wrote a complete article on determining a vintage bicycle's value. http://www.mytenspeeds.com/My_TenSpe...GE_1_Start.htm

But I will take a shot at the value even though it could be miserably off. Best guess would suggest in the $500.00 range. Once again, that is a wild guess and probably means absolutely nothing.

My suggestion to you, assuming that you wish to sell your bicycle, is to offer it for a silly sum - say a thousand dollars and then see what happens. You can always come down in price. And...

Whatever price you figure out today, will be more a year from today. Prices have been rising steadily for years and shot up this year.

Best regards,

Randy

I am sorry that I cannot offer precision in the value of your bike, or any of mine for that matter.

Perh