Old 05-18-11, 12:35 PM
Doohickie
You gonna eat that?

Bikes: 1966 Raleigh DL-1 Tourist, 1973 Schwinn Varsity, 1983 Raleigh Marathon, 1994 Nishiki Sport XRS

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by pgjackson
I'm looking at Keller possibly. Schools will be a major factor in where my family lives.
How old are your kids? Keller schools are pretty good, but you're out in the urban sprawl of suburbia. I'm in the sprawl areas to the south, near Crowley, and am interested in moving closer to downtown. BF member pallen lives in the Magnolia/Fairmount area and I think his kids go to Fort Worth ISD schools. ScottStr's kids went to FWISD too, I believe. My wife teaches in the district. We ended up in Crowley ISD but I wouldn't automatically write off FWISD just because they are "urban".

And... while I have a bike rack, I rarely use it; I ride to and from almost all my rides (which adds 15-20 miles to most of them). Living closer in would be a plus for me.

If you're really into the road cycling scene, there are several clubs to look into: the Lockheed Bike Club that nkfrench and I belong to, MBBC (yes, it stands for Manly Bulge Bike Club), FW Bike Assoc., etc. For more social rides there are several loosely organized groups you can find out about through the Fort Worth Night Riders on Facebook... including the pub ride ScottStr referred to. I've probably missed a club or two.

Originally Posted by bragi "However, it's never a good idea to overgeneralize."