Old 05-22-11, 12:08 PM
Lao

Bikes: Brompton M6L 2011

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MartinOne
I hope this doesn't distract from the direction of this thread, but IMO when thinking about a folder, don't assume that you always have to keep it at your side. Evidently, many people turn to folders because of security concerns, but appropriate locks and chains still have their use. Locking up a folder does not wipe out the other benefits (for me, the chief benefit is getting on any bus or train with the folded bike,) so assess your security needs when figuring budget and overall use---much the same way that you'd consider a helmet, and accessories such as lights etc.
True. My main reason for getting a folder is to get in to the apartment and occationally get it on a bus or train or so, not to bear with me at all times. And as you say, lock, lights, helmets, mudflaps and so on will higher the price even more. But I have that in mind and some of it can be bought later on.

Due to unforseen circumstances my meeting with the local dealer was cancelled and I have to wait another couple of weeks to try the bikes...