Old 05-25-11, 11:57 AM
WillynHook
IguanaFred Rider

Bikes: Giant Iguana - Freded-Up since 1992

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Identification Help: Japanese "Lotus Classique" & "American 'Road & Trail" - Pics 2c

Greetings,....

Got a bit lucky (I think) in the "freecycle" and "take it if you want it cause I'm trashing it" market this past weekend.

I am trying to identify two bikes I acquired...

First up: A Japanese made "Lotus Classique" that is incredibly weightless for its large size. A road bike with all original shimano parts. Only thing not original is the seat and pedals. It has no rust anywhere, downtube shifters, and interesting derailleur designs.

Anyway, help? Did I find a nice freebie? Any idea on the model year? 1980s-ish?

Next up: The bike is labeled "American" on the front fork stem and "road and trail" on the chain guard. It is original except the seat (I am guessing the original seat was probably colored to match). There were tassles hanging from the grips, but they where withered away by sunlight. Cleaned up really well and rides great. This was a freecycle find.

Any info? Just can't find anything about this one.

american1.jpgamerican2.jpgamerican3.jpg

Any help or information would be appreciated. Trying to decide to clean/refurb/sell/gift/ or keep. The lotus rides really well and fits me. Any idea on worth. Can't argue with the price for which I got them - as in free to me.

Thanks.

Dr. Joe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
lotus1.jpg (99.6 KB, 23 views)
lotus2.jpg (77.2 KB, 17 views)
lotus3.JPG (75.0 KB, 15 views)