View Single Post
Old 05-25-11, 10:51 PM
gilmatic
Gilmatic Cee Allah

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No offense but you sound really immature.

Let me get this straight, you want to learn how to skid at fast speeds. That's totally cool. But the only issue is that you refuse to ride with brakes even though you know for a fact that a) It's a lot more dangerous to do so b) You can't even do it without traffic around. What makes you think you're gonna be able to do it when **** hits the fan and a car swerves to your left?

If you want to learn how to skid at fast speeds, it's all about timing. No youtube video is gonna teach you timing unless it's shot with a big budget.

Get a brake regardless of skidding. I can skid going down hill at fast speeds without putting my balls on the stem but even then I only do it for a second just to slow down so I can ride slowly to the bottom.

In traffic it's IMPERATIVE to have a front brake. No ****in way will anyone with any sense would recommend riding through traffic brakeless. The biggest reason why they don't use brakes on the velodrome is because NO ONE else has a brake and aside from that stopping with immediacy would cause injury.

HOWEVER, in traffic, cars do EVERYTHING you're not supposed to do if you're riding brakeless. Making people who ride brakeless in cities deserving of a Darwin award.