Old 05-28-11, 03:22 PM
EsoxLucius

Bikes: 2009 Giant Cypress DX 2009 Jamis Coda Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kylerk
I'm not trying to dissuade you or anything, but a just couple of issues/observations after 2 years of ownership that may give you an idea of where you be spending addition future funds:
- The quick release seat post collar was a problem right from the start. It was prone to seat post drift so I broke it trying to make it as tight as possible. I had some difficulty replacing it with a standard hex bolt collar because the closing action of the qr collar threw the seat post tube out of round and I kept mis-measuring and got the wrong size collar twice. Finally had to call Jamis to get the correct measurement and then had to force the replacement collar on with a rubber mallet and a lot of persuasion. No problems with the new Interloc collar.
- The Xero Shawla 220 wheels that came with my model have horrible spoke tension I have to true them frequently. Also, the Xero skewers both broke after just a few months. I don't think Jamis uses these wheels any more.
- The suspension seat post had about 2cm of play from side to side. Replaced with a nice Thomson setback. This along with the Interloc collar make for a very stable seat.
...And I eventually upgraded the "comfort seat" that came with it with a more comfortable WTB Laser V that's more appropriate for the type fitness riding that primarily use the bike for.
I've got about 2000 miles on my 2009 Jamis Coda Comp and have not experienced these problems yet. Thanks for the heads up and I'll be watching these.