Old 05-29-11, 12:48 PM
raydog

Bikes: Pinarello, Cannondale Team Scalpel, Raleigh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skilsaw
Some interesting profiling here.... " Maybe it's a function of the subset of people with sufficient discretionary income to be willing to buy bikes costing $thousands." Smarter people have greater discretionary income...

Or how about this one... "Few 290 pound drop outs with stretch pants ride Colnagos. " Large people drop out

Good thing being politically correct is not one of the criteria for posting on this forum.
Firstly, I believe political correctness is a weakness. Second, I don't know about your great country, but the USA suffers from levels of obesity heretofore never seen in our history. It is, per capita, more prevelant in the lower income and lower educational stratas. Our health care costs are connected to this scourge as are life spans and an overall healthy community. It's not just bicycling, it's the consciousness that, if you exercise at high levels, a lot of good things will happen for you (this is grounded in my point about education). I'm not some elitest jerk, I just think there is power in truth.
BTW, it's an inaccurate stretch to say "large people drop out" just because of my point about obesity.