Old 05-29-11, 11:45 PM
Gharp23

Bikes: 2013 Felt Z4, 2011 Trek 7.5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by side_FX
I was wondering your thoughts on that new flex seat design? Did it really work or just a gimmick? I am not so sure I'd want my seat to flex under me while I ride. Also, what size frame and what height are you? I am really close to getting that same bike and I am curious about bike fit. I know I need to try it out to see, but I'd like as much info before I walk into my LBS and get all caught up in the beautiful bikes and all.
I can't say much about that exact seat without the flex but I can say that it is comfortable to me. It doesn't really flex as much you would think. It's pretty firm when flexing and doesn't move a great deal but I think it does help you from getting sore after long rides.

I'm between 5'9 & 5'10 and I ride a 20 inch frame. I can ride a 17.5 too but they just aren't as comfortable to me. I have better geometry on the 20. Try both out because it really took me a while to decide between the two. I'm pretty much stuck right in the middle and can go either way.

After having my 7.5 for over a month now I have to say I love it to death. It shifts like butter. I feel like a ninja on that thing.