Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New guy to cycling, new to the site....
My indicated start mileage on GPS odo' as of June 1st is 20,010
LET'S RIDE!

Wednesday morning (June 1st)
But what's this?
Wind, showers, thunderstorms, and tornados in June?, in the Central Valley of sunny California??? Whas up with all the strange weather?!?

Between showers, by the 4th.... 28 miles.
More rain on the 5th, a total of 44 miles so far.
Dark clouds, no rain, 63 miles as of the 6th.
7th.... took the day off to rest, eat, & watch TV.
Morning of the 8th, blue skies, lotsa sun, felt GREAT.... 79 miles now.
Motorcycle ride on 9th, bent my front wheel 150 miles from home....
Got a flat tire on the bicycle today (10th), fellow cyclists helped me....95 miles.
Got another flat tire, this time on the back (12th), walked it home.... 113 miles
Co-workers from 15 years ago, invited me to join them this morning (13th), 129.
(I returned spare innertubes and my Slime protective shields to REI after my ride. For $70.00, I swapped out my Novara innertubes with some THICK tubes-on-'roids, better/high-tech protective tire liners, and Slime goop. I don't want to deal with anymore flats.....)
I learned today that I should remember to bring my water bottle(!) I got either a bug, particulate, or errant flem in my throat and couldn't cough it away.... sure with I coulda sipped on some water.... 146 miles now.
Morning of the 16th, went for a 350+ mile motorcycle ride yesterday.... still feel tired from it. With only 4 miles to complete my "150 mile challenge", I'll be eating breakfast soon, downing some water to work out all the coffee I've had this morning, and setting out to finish my '150' miles. The couch is available though; but you'ed have to be a single woman old enough to appreciate The Beatles and have a fetish for short round white boys......

LIFE IS (still) GOOD!

Last edited by RandoneeRider; 06-16-11 at 10:09 AM.