Old 06-01-11, 07:53 PM
DB Tigger

Bikes: Diamondback Trace Sport / Diamondback Overdrive 29

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by goagain View Post
One reply said the tires greatly affect comfort. With a cromo rigid fork and cromo frame, would 700x38 tires be comfortable? Posts have said they roll a little easier than 26" ones, but are they comfortable too? Now that I've decided on the cromo model, I have to decide about the wheel size.

Thanks
I ride a Diamondback Trace that had a front suspension with 700x40 tires. Same category as the Specialized Cross Trail. My wife has the Diamondback Insight which is similar to the Specialized Sirrus.

Mine came with suspension forks without lock out which was a pain to keep up with my wife. It was comfortable and smooth but I kept losing momentum. After switching the fork with a rigid Karate monkey, I have no problems staying at the pace with my wife and actually can ride farther without getting tired as I was with suspension fork. I also take my bike on gravel roads and occasionally go with friends on actual mountain bikes and realized 80%, I'm happy with my bicycle. The 20% is when we ride over rock gardens, jumps, etc. Not because of the lack of suspension but the wheels /tires aren't meant for the conditions.

Maybe if I had lockout, I wouldn't have a problem and may get a quality suspension fork in teh future but for now I'm happy riding rigid