Old 06-05-11, 03:21 PM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by keepamonte
Romin has a rounded back and a tad more curve to it. I think the firmness is very similar, definately no more padded that toupe. I changed my cockpit quite a bit when I started racing this year to a more aggressive and lower position. I tried to adjust the toupe withouot success. When I climb seated, I can push the against the back of the saddle for a tad bit more leverage. The nose is wider but that hasn't bothered me. I tried every Fizik (including the vs's models) and they all gave me numbness.
Thanks. I am wide hipped and riding the Toupe 155 this spring. I would give it a B. There maybe another saddle out there that fits me better but I can tolerate the Toupe for 50 miles. No real pain or lingering pain to my sit bones and the cut out really helps with riding in the drops.

Toddbiker made what I thought was an astute comment. Many that have tried the Toupe know it is firm which is a good thing to a point.
Type of shorts pad or chamois seems to matter. I have more comfort when I ride the Toupe with the thicker pad in my PI bibs.
Cheers.