Old 06-08-11, 10:56 AM
Phil_gretz
Zip tie Karen

Bikes: '13 Motobecane Fantom29 HT, '16 Motobecane Turino Pro Disc, '18 Velobuild VB-R-022, '21 Tsunami SNM-100

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1465 Post(s)
Liked 1,542 Times in 806 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemanbob
I bought it with the intention of making it a keeper, but recent finds makes it difficult to keep. The bike is in very good condition and has been completely serviced and hand cleaned. The cables and housings have been replaced. (except for the shift cables which will be installed tomorrow). The tires are new. Despite the steel rims, the ride quality is great. I truly like this bike. Auchencrow has rode the bike and has encouraged me to keep it.

Having said that, I have limited space and I'm considering selling it. I would appreciate your help in determining a value for the bike. Your assessment will help me in my decision making. Thanks!
Bob,
I have a yellow 1973 S10-S that I'm in the process of restoring. It has the brake extension levers, steel rims, and original Fujita Belt saddle. I'm putting the frame in its oxalic acid bath this weekend. I live in the Washington DC area, and am thinking that with great photos and a very detailed/promotional listing on CL, I can fetch ~$215 with the original saddle, and ~$155 without, pretty readily this time of year. I don't know how Detroit compares. Mine will also need paint-match touch up, which I figure I will mix using testor's model paint. The chrome is still nice, and there are so, so many fine things to say about this bike...

BTW, I have the saddle on my fixed gear bike right now and it is very comfortable. That's the part I really want to keep most of all, but I can be talked into parting with it to complete the Special Road Racer (for the right price). My two cents... Phil G.