Niked

Bikes: 2009 Downtube FS8, 1970 Raleigh Gran Prix, 2009 Citizen Tokyo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Akarli
Hi,

I notice you got a Tokyo recently. I was researching about it and most of the post are in 2009. I understand they upgraded their model ( I had no idea what changed) so I am guess yours is new. I wanted to get a Tokyo but also wanted a Miami as I heard it is more practical. I asked Citizens and they said Tokyo is slower but is more compact. I just want to hear from a owner. Do you like it so far? I just need it to ride to the mall which is like 3 blocks down or just to a supermarket which is like few streets away .... I don't know how far can the Tokyo go since I heard it is slow and it is hard to pedal and it is heavy. Is it heavy? Also, do you have that rear bike rack at the back? It's not included anymore. Do you think it is necessary to have that rack? Sorry if I asked too much! Thanks!!

Akarli
I've had my Tokyo for a couple of years now and still love it. I have had no mechanical issues. True, it's not the fastest bike in the pack but I love the tidy-compact fold. I've taken it to the beach, the mountains and even on a cruise to Bermuda. If you're looking for a low cost ride you can keep in the trunk or hatch of your car, this is it.