View Single Post
Old 06-09-11, 09:13 AM
OldsCOOL

Bikes: '77 Colnago Super, '76 Fuji The Finest, '88 Cannondale Criterium, '86 Trek 760, '87 Miyata 712

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 313 Posts
Originally Posted by RayfromTX
carb 45 protein 30 fat 25. If I take a long ride I up the carbs and lower the protein but still get over 150 gr. of protein on those days. Healthy sources of fat are a necessary part of a balanced diet. Low fat diets are not a good idea and in general food producers replace fat with corn syrup to get the low fat label. Cut out he corn syrup and processed sugar as a rule. I tracked my calories with www.myfitnesspal.com. I lost 60 lbs since last july and am at around 10% body fat now by following these simple guidelines and eating clean as much as possible. Try to confine your shopping to the perimeter of the grocery store and avoid white foods for the most part. Rice, white flour and sugar and potatoes are high in calories, low in nutrients and will not keep you full and satisfied for long. Go for whole grains in moderation, meats or other sources of protein and vegetables and fruits in abundance. Oatmeal with blueberries is the food of the Gods. Don't use the instant kind. Here are the before and after pics.

I lost approximately the weight of one of my nieces in the picture.
If you cut the "good" fat too low your headspins will let you know right quick. Your brain needs some of those fat grams.

By the way.....you said on days of long rides you cut your protein but still take in 150gr? How much protein do you take in on your other days??

And congrats on the great loss of weight....fantastic, in fact.