Old 06-10-11, 04:40 AM
Oldpaint

Bikes: Sports, superb, tourist dating from '52 thru '73

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from Brunswick, Maine

Over the past four years I have become interested restoring, riding, and reading about vintage Raleigh three speed bicycles. It started when I recieved a 1965 Tourist as a gift. It was in pretty bad shape, but after researching and restoring it, I couldn't believe what a beautiful bicycle was hidden beneath decades of rust, filth, and neglect. It was such a gratifying project that I felt I just had to do another, then another....One important thing to note here is that this would not have been possible for me without bikeforums, and a couple of other internet sites with a similar focus. The amount of knowledge to be found here, and the friendly way it is discussed makes stopping by here to read for a while something to look forward to.
My wife also enjoys riding, and we use our bikes for pleasure tours and around town errands. I have sold several along the way, and I have a few awaiting restoration. Our fleet of viable bicycles at this time includes; ca.1952 Hercules ladies model, 1965 Tourist, 1965 Sports, 1969 Sports, 1972 Sports, 1973 Tourist ladies model.

Last edited by Oldpaint; 06-10-11 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Spelling