Old 06-10-11, 07:12 AM
Zumkopf

Bikes: '62 Schwinn Continental, '69 Schwinn Paramount, '74 Raleigh International, '75 Peugeot PX-10LE, '76 MKM Dominator, '80 Holdsworth Mistral, '81 Woodrup Giro Touring, '87 Bianchi Brava, '89 Schwinn (Waterford) Paramount, '94 Trek 1400

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 5 Posts
What, $50k? With that frayed handlebar tape, and the missing cheapie plastic frame pump (I see empty pegs)? I would definitely discount it at least $30 for those.

Seriously, BCA was apparently mainly a department-store grade manufacturer, bought out by Ross at some point. This would seem to date from the Ross-ownership era. They did make some quite decent bikes in the 1970s-80s, with double-butted cro-moly frames and Japanese gruppos. But I don't think this one is one of those. It's hard for me to tell much from these pics, but I do see a steel seatpost, vinyl seat, and Dia-Compe centerpull brakes - decent brakes, but hardly the stuff of legends, and not put on legendary bikes. Also, those rims look like steel to me, and the pedals are definitely generic stamped steel rattraps. Oh, and don't forget the stem shifters - not often seen on $50,000.00 bicycles. All in all, I'd have to agree, $50 seems more than reasonable, and I certainly wouldn't crest $100.