View Single Post
Old 06-11-11, 06:56 PM
CliftonGK1

Bikes: '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2015 Trek Domane 6.2 disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Clyde race division question

This year is my first season back racing of any sort in about 20 years. My first race is next month, and I'm signed up for the Beginners division. After that first race, most people would seed themselves in the Cat-4 for the sake of competition, but the upcoming fall season of PDX Cross Crusade races has a Clydesdale division. If I'm racing at 6'6" and just a shade over 200 pounds (205-ish) is it more "on the level" to seed myself with the Clyde class and hope that RCB (sponsor of the series) doesn't re-seed me, or should I seed myself with the Cat-4 division?

The big determination comes down to Team Points for the series. If my team is 10 deep for the series then we might be in the running for series classification, and if I finish well in the Clyde category it could be advantitous. But looking at the previous Clyde finishes; the field is 50+ deep and could be competitive for a fit Clyde, with a number of tall/ripped guys racing.

Where would you seed yourself if you are 6'6", 205 pounds, and racing on a singlespeed (knowing that the singlespeed division is "open" and will include Cat-1/2 racers)? Clydes division or Cat-4? (Considering I don't make Cat-4 Masters for another 2 years).