View Single Post
Old 06-13-11, 09:08 PM
genericname

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow, not really what I expected. I was hoping my comments would adress this sort of thing. I can't really claim to speak for fixie riders... I'm just a guy with a bike. So don't take my answers as a bible. But seriously, dosen't that seem over the top? You don't know my level of ability. You're attacking me based on my bicycle. How do you know if I blow through stop signs or red lights? How do you know if I cut off cars? I live in a small town, not an giant urban environment.

I asked questions relating to his post. I am interested in knowing how he and the rest of us can get over being slammed into by his brakeless bike. Cause if he kills one that I love, because he is free to ride without safety brakes I would like to know how to get over it.

How can you avoid being hit by me? That's ironic because I usually just pick a lone rider and do my best to bring them down. It makes for some fun chases, earned me the nickname deathpedal 3. Sorry I couldn't resist, you got yours in.

So, how do I avoid being a danger to others? The same ways any other cyclist does. By making sure nothing can go wrong. I know people who dodge through traffic. But I don't do that. I'm no more responsible for their actions then they are for mine. I dig fixies because of the simplicity. At least for me, when I ride, I'm entirely focused on what's happening around me. I don't think about dinner, or gear ratios, or anything other than what's happening. I can simply pedal hard. It brings me back to the basics, both mechanically and physically. I can tell you that riding a fixie has made me a much better cyclist. But who am I? Just a guy with a bike.
It seems to me that we're all cyclists. Why attack other people who enjoy the same thing? I haven't done anything to harm you. But you're entitled to your opinions, just as I am. We aren't really doing anything other than beating our chests and emoting. Neither of our opinions are going to change. So, like I said, whatever.