CyniQ
Bad Mutha Hucka

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by biodiesel
AVOID AVOID AVOID

the only way to increase metabololism is to increase temperature or resting heart rate.
Heart rate and blood pressure are closely linked and the last thing you want is a higher blood pressure or heart rate when your maxing out on a hill.
Most of these products used to be Ephedra (speed) and now are herbal varients of similar chemicals. Also in the stack were caffine and asperin. Good way to blow a blood vessel.
The other problem is the vasoconstriction, which happens in cardiac vessels as well. That's how heart attacs happen.

(that's why there have been deaths...)

Avoid avoid avoid.
There are lots of ways to increase your "metabolism" in the sense that most people view the term. Resistance training, or even eating more frequently for example. You are correct about ephedra. But there are many potentially dangerous drugs that when used properly and intelligently can produce excellent results. Acetaminophen for example... Everything has it's risks. The risks of ephedrine, and ephedra ARE highly overrated. More people have died from Acetaminophen than ephedra. Wanna pull Tylenol off the shelves because a few stupid people can't read directions? I have friends who have used DNP to lose weight. Dangerous? Of course. Effective? Definitely. If you ask me. "Does it work?" I will answer honestly.