spinnaker
Every day a winding road

Bikes: 2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3394 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Altair 4
Spinnaker - I read your written directions and tried to follow it on the map that you posted. Either I'm not reading it correctly or is this the path you are recommending:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4580198 (This is a trail from Bston through McKeesport to the far side of the Mon River)

Let me know - I'm riding this trail in early July! Thanks for your experienced recommendations.
If you mean my directions in #3 then they are correct. They are directions from Boston to Pittsburgh.

The path I posted just shows the new part of the bike trail.

The path you posted is in the first part of my directions. As an alternate, you could stay on Walnut St and either cross the 15th Bridge (the official GAP trail) or take the trail under the 15th St. Bridge to Versailes and cross the Boston Bridge. As of this writing the path is now paved and being kept glass free. A big change from a few years ago when it was crushed limestone and glass.

I would not take Walnut at night. You should avoid Mckeeport at night altogether but would be better off with the path Altair posted if you got stuck in the area at night.

If anyone needs any kind of help on this end just let me know. Shuttle, place to stay, tour guide whatever. Weekends are always best and the odd Friday I have off.

Last edited by spinnaker; 06-15-11 at 06:00 PM.