Old 06-15-11, 07:24 PM
sisddwg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by clasher
Howdy folks... picked up a frame from a local flipper and the nervex? lugs caught my eye as well as the campy record hubs, so I got this mess for 80$... some decent parts for me to clean up at least... would like to rebuild the wheels with stainless spokes... never ridden tubulars before and the frame is a pretty close fit to boot.

There is a lot of surface rust especially on the top tube and the chrome fork shows a lot of surface rust... otherwise the frame looks pretty decent, no dents or holes.

A bit of searching the archives has the components being mid to late sixties... mostly the universal '61 brakes and the simplex derailleur has metal plates on the parellogram so that makes is a 67 at least, or so says disraeli gears

Here's what hanging on the frame:
universal 61 centrepulls
stronglight crank
campy record hubs laced to a fiamme (spelling?) tubular rims
3TTT stem and bars
freccia d'oro plastic saddle
campy shifters, triplex FD and simplex RD
the dropouts on the rear are simplex

the BB has a W or an M depending on how you read it... seems to be paint or a sticker but I didn't scratch hard at it.

Here are some pictures:

Here's more pics in the flickr album if you want to zoom in... I can snap a few more pics if it'll help. Thanks for any thoughts on this bike you've got.
Wow! What a coincidence! See my post today - "Motobecane-Astra". As to your question about tubulars; IMO if they are properly mounted they are actually safer than clinchers. I love the feel of sew-ups. I wouldn't trust those in the photos. That's a very nice looking bike that deserves to be built up. You will love the ride of French bikes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC00678.jpg (97.7 KB, 21 views)