View Single Post
Old 06-16-11, 05:14 AM
Phil_gretz
Zip tie Karen

Bikes: '13 Motobecane Fantom29 HT, '16 Motobecane Turino Pro Disc, '16 Motobecane Gran Premio Elite, '18 Velobuild VB-R-022, '21 Tsunami SNM-100

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1464 Post(s)
Liked 1,537 Times in 804 Posts
Unclear: Difficult To Diagnose

Originally Posted by scale View Post
i dropped my seat a couple about an inch and a half and have been riding the rollers. Seems to be helping things along. I wasnt fully extended and im surely not now and the pain wasnt in the back of my knee only as some suggest when a saddle is too high. I want rocking either...

with my seat down ...if anyting i feel too far forward now. IM going to give it a few more days of 20 minute sessions on the rollers and see how i feel

I agree and would love to go see a sports med person etc. My insurance stinks..2500 deductable per year. THe year resets in august so thats my plan.....wait until i can get the big window back.
When you say "ride the rollers", are you saying that you are riding outdoor rolling hills near your home? Or is it indoors, on a set of rollers?

You really need to have an experienced rider/technician look at your fit objectively. If you weren't previously extending fully, and now have lowered the seat - this won't accomplish a traditionally-correct fit. Fore-aft positioning of the saddle to pedal relationship has some generally accepted "rules", too, although these are only general starting points. You need to have someone you can trust to put your bike on a stationary trainer and watch you ride, make adjustments, ask questions, observe, adjust, and then have you ride outdoors to see what the changes have accomplished.

Is there a bike store or a coop near you that you trust?

Phil G.