Old 06-17-11, 12:31 PM
margieloflin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What have I gotten my hands on???? 54 cm Zini Cicli

I am buying my every first road bike. I've been into mountain biking since I was a teenager, but have decided to try road biking. I found a bike I'm in love with. A woman's pink 54cm 1981 (possibly 82) Zini Cicli. I'm buying from a local bike shop owner who bought the frame a while back and did a complete re-build (original paint left) on it. He originally built the bike for his wife, but it was just a bit to large for her. It's a perfect size for me. I'm buying it for $370. The bike felt good when I rode it, gears changed smoothly, and no unexpected wear. Needs a different seat and different pedals (just has platform pedals right now.) The shop owner has offered to do any adjustments need to make the bike comfortable for me, and to even to take me out to ride to help me get use to the bike. I just I am asking for a first road bike, am I getting a good deal??? Even a cheap diamond back mountain bike runs $450 or more, so I am a little nervous about paying so little for a bike. Advice????