View Single Post
Old 06-17-11, 09:50 PM
BengeBoy 

Bikes: 2009 Chris Boedeker custom; 2007 Bill Davidson custom; 2021 Bill Davidson custom gravel bike; 2022 Specialized Turbo Vado e-bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Pete,

Bekologist's recommendations are 100% correct. I've ridden in and around almost all the Seattle-area routes being discussed here, and he is right:

1. Take the light rail from SEATAC to downtown.
2. Then take the ferry to Bremerton or Bainbridge.
- Take the Bainbridge ferry if you're headed up and around the Olympic Peninsula
- Take the Bremerton ferry if you just want to head south/southwest toward the coast out of Seattle.

If you are scheduling to stay overnight in downtown Seattle, let me know. There is a hostel right across the street from the light rail stop in downtown Seattle, or every other hotel option you can think of. I'll give you restaurant recommendations as well and maybe buy you a beer depending on your schedule.

By the way, I was just glancing at the ACA map you posted on your journal at CGOAB. I really don't understand why the ACA routes people from Elma, Washington, over to Centralia and then straight south before headed west to Astoria. If it were me, from Elma I'd head west toward the coast, and then down toward Astoria. I've not done those roads on a bike, but have in a car, and I don't really think the scenery along the ACA-recommended route is any better than heading toward the coast, and its 50 extra miles or so. Maybe Bekologist or someone else knows; I don't get it.

Last edited by BengeBoy; 06-17-11 at 09:57 PM.