View Single Post
Old 06-19-11, 07:20 PM
uketastic

Bikes: Surly Steamroller

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A few days ago at the shop I work at some guy came in and started *****ing because one of our mechanics said his bike wouldn't be done for a few days. His argument was that he was a commuter and he rides everyday therefore he should get put to the front of the line. Our mechanic politely told him that 80% of our customers are commuters and ride every day (statistic not based on fact) so he'd have to wait. The guy got super pissed off so our head mechanic yelled at him to get out and find another shop but he ended up still leaving his bike.

He came to pick it up today, right as we were closing, and yelled at us again because he said we miscommunicated with him and put on more expensive cranks than he wanted even though they were the only ones that would work for his bottom bracket and we told him that. My manager told him to leave so he ended up not paying at all and then said he'd tell everyone he knows never to come to our shop again.

He made a huge deal out of nothing because he wasn't the most special person of the bunch and caused a whole ruckus while we were closing. I'll be glad to never see him again.