Old 06-19-11, 08:37 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2735 Post(s)
Liked 969 Times in 792 Posts
re: this forum, the touring section I find has a lot of very helpful people, yes sometimes everyone has their own opinion on stuff, but this forum and as I mentioned, trip journals on the web, can be pretty darn helpful for either someone starting touring, or for route details, suggestions, etc.

what sort of bike are you riding? Are you already equipped for all the stuff, panniers, tent, etc etc etc?

as for crosswinds, funny but I dont recall too many dramas with that, perhaps as our bikes are a good 20, 30 or 40+ lbs heavier than unloaded. I could be convienently not remembering times...I do remember headwinds and how all the bags really do slow one down more than without, vis-a-vis the "sail" effect.

We have friends who taught english in Japan about 20 years ago, down south in the Hiroshima area. They had a wonderful time, I recall them saying how they had to pretend that they were married so that they could live together, they got married soon afterwards and have four kids, but its funny how they had to pretend.

cheers