Old 06-20-11, 07:35 AM
BigUgly
I Ride, Therefore I Am

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Down 30 lbs since New Years day 2011. My wife swore I had sleep apnea but when I went to get physical in Feb, doc said it was just the fat in my neck. Now my wife says I don't snore as much as I did before and it is almost non existing. My knees feel great. After a run or some serious climbing rides my knees would hurt for a couple of days. Not any more. I have more energy as well towards the end of the day. Also, 2 mos ago I was diagnosed with Celiacs but had no standard symptoms. Celiacs is an allergy to wheat, barley and rye which means no normal breads and pastas. I am now Gluten Free because of this which has also increased my energy and performance level while riding and running. Call this a public service announcement but they say there are millions of Amercans that have gluten intolerence but don't know it. That is the way I was. It runs in my family and my daughter was diagnosed with it and since it is genetic I got tested. The more research I do the more I beleive the human body was not built to consume wheat products which is where gluten naturally comes from. So if you are feeling not yourself after eating certain things then google Celiacs and check out the syptoms, even the hidden ones. The killer for me was beer but since they are so high in calories it's kind of been a blessing in disguise so to speak. I don't miss the breads and pastas. Been eating meats, veggies, and fruits which are better for you anyway. After losing 30 lbs I can't seem to lose it as quickly as before. 2 pounds a week seems to have gone done to 2 pounds a month. Pant size down from 38 to 34, shirt size down from 2XL to XL, cycling jersey 3XL down to XL cause I no longer mind that they are tight on me like before. Swim trunks XL to Medium. Looking forward to getting to 200.