View Single Post
Old 06-21-05, 09:20 AM
EnLaCalle
Radio Bemba 00.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i don't want the zero replies so far to discourage you from organizing this. i think there's plenty of interest. i also think that your impression of the general consensus is correct: you'll get a small turnout unless you stage this on the weekend. I'd be willing to do it during the week, but it would very dependent on what kind of mood i was in (i.e. cheerful and uncaring about sacrificing lots of sleep and feeling like crap at work the next day). Msngr mentioned this to me and brought up concern about (if this were on the weekend) participants being drunk/high/whatever and getting hurt or hurting other people (peds, drivers). Then there is the concern of wasted drivers and pedestrians hurting riders. It is friday/saturday night in NYC after all. There are many people driving loaded at unsafe speeds. This is true of any night in any city, but particularly on the weekend. Perhaps this is an attractive feature to some. Not me. If you want a hand in planning or other input, I am game. Keep your momentum on this going!