Old 06-21-11, 08:24 PM
RandoneeRider
Retired C.O.

Bikes: REI 2009 Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
"Your bed is for 2 things. Sleeping and sex. Don't train your mind that any other activities happen there."
That should be to include the whole bedroom..... no televisions in there, don't pay bills at a desk set up in there, no arguments.... move them to another room. For that matter, it's bad Fung Shui to even have mirrors in your bedroom, or to have the bed angled such that you can't see who comes through the bedroom/bathroom door.

I find red wine actually gets me wired and I can't sleep, or pizza makes for rather animated dreams, and an unfinished project in the garage haunts me until I've either figured it out or completed it. I know about the need for Vit D to offset depression during overcast days in the winter, how Tryptophan (in milk, bananas, turkey, popcorn, etc.) aids in sleep, etc. How to (try to) beat shift work, what to do if you wake in the middle of the night....... why do I know all this stuff? Because I sooooo wish I could sleep long, well, in peace, and on a bed that I actually find comfortable. By the way (just to add to your stress about not sleeping), people who sleep less than 6 hours a night, are more susceptable to heart attacks and don't live as long as those who manage to sleep well for more than six hours.....