View Single Post
Old 10-15-02, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally posted by webist
Well I did a 32 mile ride this past weekend. Ride had lots of hills. Real hills. It took an hour and a half to complete the ride.

My blood glucose measured 84 an hour after the ride. I was real happy with that.

I then proceeded to replenish both carbs and protien with a turkey-salami sandwich and some grapes.

So far, I have been real pleased with the results of an Extend Bar snack while riding.

I do of course pay very close attention to hydration as well.
I'll pickup some of those bars this week at give them a try. I live in some really killer hills ranging from 800' to 2000' with constant elevation changes and just started back riding 4wks ago. Nothing is flat, and I did a 13 miles ride last sat. My climbs ave 12-15mph, and that's great for his ole boy. What was nice thought was after climbing the final 1 mi hill to my house, I recovered from 178 bpm down to 85 in about 20mins.

Working out on an eclipse machine at the gym after weights, then bike riding is great. MY BG runs high naturally 110-120. This weekend my BG hit 87 1.5hr after dinner for the first time. That's a real good thingy