Old 06-23-11, 01:34 PM
dblackwood72

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by volosong
Went on a new loop ride today. Started from Marie Kerr Park, so that out-of-towners can have a good place to park and start/finish. Loop too way longer than I expected. But, the wind changed from calm to blustery about half of the way in. Post-ride analysis shows that the one hill on the route, Johnson Road is classified as a Cat 2 climb. For some reason, I thought it was a Cat 3. Don't feel so band now.

Garmin Connect version of Johnson Road loop
Map My Ride version of Johnson Road loop
Hey I just realized we are from the same area. I ride Johnson Rd all the time. Strava.com classifies it as a Cat 3. I like to climb Johnson Rd, turn onto San Fransiciquito which is short but steep 8 - 9% for ~0.7 miles. After which you are rewarded with a fun 2 mile descent. I then turn onto Spunky Canyon for a fairly easy climb ~1.7 miles, then onto Bouquet Canyon for another Cat 3 climb ~3.2 miles, not as difficult as Johnson Rd. A short descent down Bouquet back onto Elizabeth Lake, then the south side of Godde Rd ~0.9 miles.

All in all, my route is just shy of 40 miles, 5 climbs (two Cat 3, 3 Cat 4's) for a total ascent of 2930ft. Its a fun route, let me know if you would like to meet up one morning and ride someday. I like to go early in the morning before the winds pick up. Anyway here is a link of my ride on Strava.

http://app.strava.com/rides/782640