View Single Post
Old 06-25-11, 06:08 AM
bbattle

Bikes: 2014 Trek Domane 5.2, 1985 Pinarello Treviso, 1990 Gardin Shred, 2006 Bianchi San Jose

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts
Versus shows most of the big mountain stages, sometimes the show runs four hours long. A danger of recording the Versus live show is that they'll run over the time limit with the riders about a km from the finish line. Or a monster truck rally will cut in during the last hour. I recorded as much hockey as cycling during the Spring on Versus.

Earlier, I meant to have two RS riders attempt the breakaway each day. If one got reeled in, the other would take off. Repeat until successful or the peloton sets new speed records. At least it would be more exciting.

Saxo Bank seemingly paid half the Giro's teams to work for them. I was so surprised to see other teams setting the pace while Contador was in pink. If they were launching a rider I'd understand but they just seemed to be dragging Alberto along.

It was a cool move of Garmin-Cervelo to break the peloton when they got the wind shift. Wiggins and Evans had to pull very hard to get back up. Astana did the same thing in 2007 at the TdF; caught Moreau out and he lost a lot of time.