Old 06-25-11, 04:59 PM
sunnyday

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I will respond once more, even though it seems as though you ignored most of my comments.

a person who only weighs about 125 lbs, isnt gonna have to much worry about most electric bikes/ bike kits, having enough power to get them up hilly roads/ inclines. Any functioning 500 watt / 36 volt setup should be more then enough to transport you up hilly roads.....ecspecially since you have admitted that you WANT to be pedal assisting most of the time. Your body weight doesnt warrant your concerns about a brushless hub motor being inadequate for hills. I weigh 280 lbs and on the steepest hills in my mountainous area, all I have to do is lightly pedal assist and I make it up the hills with no problem.

IMHO...if you purchase a brand new bike with electric already installed, you will be spending more money then neccessary. as i mentioned to you earlier...you can take your time and find a nice used bicycle, that you like, off craiglsit / ebay for $200 or less..and then purchase a complete electric brushless hub kit off ebay { 36 volt/ 500 watt ** that is a front mount system for about $700 with a 36 volt/ 15 A/h Lifepo4 battery. It shouldnt take more then 30 minutes to put the front tire.brushless hub on and attach your controller/ wires / battery and throttle control.

so the choice is yours..spend alot more for a kit already preassembled..or spend 30 minutes of assembly time and save alot of $$$$$$$ .

If you buy the kit brand new and buy the used bike seperately, you should be under the $1000 price range.

if you still want to spend more money...then just upgrade your lifepo4 battery to a 36 -48 volt setup that is 20-40 A/h rated...and you will now have a electric bike that should be able to cover a distance of 60 miles or more on one charge , since your bodyweight is so low.

Id suggest you take your time and consider all options before jumping right in....

Last edited by sunnyday; 06-25-11 at 05:04 PM.