View Single Post
Old 06-26-11, 11:03 PM
Davidandrei

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Steep hill, new brakes

So I rode down some steep ass hill today. Like almost a black diamond type hill, in ski/snowboard terms. I had the front brake clamped down hard and I will still going like 20mph. Had to carve down the bottom end or else I wouldve ran straight into the intersection.

Right now i have a generic single pivot front brake on a non machined weinman dp18. Generally, that does the job for me with some help from slowing down the pedals but on something that steep, I couldnt counter pedal for ****. So now, im going to buy a dual pivot brake.

Question is, are there any dual pivot brakes that have the long screw and nut models? The hole on my fork for the brake is not large enough for the recessed nut type brake. Also, is a dual pivot brake that much more effective than single pivot on a non machined rim? I have an old shimano 600 dual pivot recessed nut type brake that I bought on craigslist a while ago but i got hustled and its a rear brake so i never installed it. Is there a place where i can buy a longer screw thing for it?