View Single Post
Old 06-27-11, 05:00 PM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4244 Post(s)
Liked 1,348 Times in 935 Posts
Originally Posted by rdkopp0153
I'm looking to organize a party ride along our local bicycle river trail, that would include a few stops to socialize, drink responsibly, dance, play games, etc, but am curious if anyone has organized such events and run into legal troubles of having beer pulled behind a trailer? The goal isn't to get blasted and drunk, but to get people riding, talking, and enjoy a beer or two.
It would seem very likely that alcohol use there is illegal (even if the goal isn't to get "blasted and drunk").

(Legal issues aside, it could be that this would be a place where it would be easy to get away with it. Though that would depend on how discrete you are and how patrolled the area is.)

Originally Posted by manapua_man
As long as there aren't any open containers, and nobody is being a jerk I doubt you'll have any problems. I toss a cold pack or something in my backpack and cart it back home on my bike heading back from work all the time, haven't been bothered yet.
It's unlikely that the cops have the x-ray vision that would be needed to determine what you are carrying.

Unless you are stopping periodically to "lighten the load", it doesn't seem this situation is anything like what the OP is planning on doing.

Last edited by njkayaker; 06-27-11 at 05:04 PM.