Old 06-27-11, 07:04 PM
johnlh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TugaDude View Post
Don't have the time now, but I'll check the catalogs later. Looks to be a 1986 to 1989 Letour. I'll narrow it down. What parts are you looking to buy? I don't see anything missing. The seat is ripped, but most people don't care much as they have a different seat they prefer, etc.

Brakes, derailleurs are all there, I don't see much needed except a thorough cleaning, new chain and new cables and housing. The brake hoods should clean up pretty well.

Cleaned up, adjusted, etc. and you are probably looking at a $150.00 bike, depending upon location.

BTW, I don't mean to come off as snarky, it is just that I've seen newbies say they need new brakes when all they need is a simple adjustment. You might need new pads, but that is about $6.00 for 4 pads. Tires and tubes need to be evaluated. That is another $50.00 or so. Not gonna net you much profit. Having said that, it is a nice frame and is an excellent rider.
I agree, and want to add that it is easy to find new $9 tires and $2 tubes ($22 total) if you shop around online.