Thread: Contador
View Single Post
Old 07-05-11, 04:34 AM
BluesDawg
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
While I can't agree with finding joy in any rider's misfortunes, I have definitely enjoyed seeing the great results for Garmin-Cervello. Winning their first ever stage in the TTT and Thor going into yellow followed the next day by Tyler winning his first stage ever, first time for an American to win the stage on the 4th of July. Watching Hushovd set up the finish, leading Julian Dean and Tyler Farrar through the crowd and into pefect position for Dean to launch Farrar, was a thing of beauty as was the beaming smile on Thor's face as Tyler crossed the line first.

Contador is definitely in a tough position due to being caught in the crashes on stage one. Losing a little time in the TTT was no surprise. I would have expected them to lose even more there. This Saxo Bank team is not a strong team for controlling flat stages, but they should be much stronger in the big mountains where Contador's main strength lies. The pressure will be on them to produce results when the routes go vertical.

Andy Schleck is also under pressure to put time into his rivals in the mountains. He can count on losing time to several of them in the ITT. It's going to be an interesting few weeks.