Thread: trail etiquette
View Single Post
Old 06-22-05, 11:15 PM
Raiyn
I drink your MILKSHAKE

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by zx108
i dont know if anyone else has this problem:

i recently went riding with 3 of my freinds. so we were riding along a easy part of the trail and someone comes past us, so i ask him if anyone is behind him, no answer just takes a breath and pedels on. not far after there is a short downhill part so i barrel down it. it turned to the right a bit and then required you to make a sharp left turn around a tree. right after the tree-wow-a guy comming right at me, and i got 3 other people comming down right behind me. immediatly he is like wtf. i hit the brakes hard put my left foot down and stop. while he brakes right in front of me not allowing me much space to get by so one of freinds come down and goes right in between me and the other guy practically knocking both if us off the trail. then the last one comming down probobly heard all the yelling and slowed up to stop behind me. i said sorry becasue i was the one that almost ran right into him, and he said no problem.

my point is this could all have been avoided if that other guy would of just said "yea there is one more behind me"

anyone else have problems with people on trails sometimes?
You're supposed to call out "rider up" and tell him how many are behind you as well.
As for the rest of your post

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handou...ar/g_caps.html