Old 07-07-11, 01:07 PM
ColonelJLloyd 

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Randy, yours looks to be post 1975. It was after that, I think, that they went to Vitus tubing on the GJ. Very Nice. His wife's bike is a 1979 Mirage in the same red/black color scheme. The bike in the OP is actually more of a silver/champagne color. Definitely not white. It's a great combo.

Originally Posted by KonAaron Snake
Dude...even by your standards, this is impressive. I'm really digging it...both aesthetically and functionally. The Mighty Tour is, IMO, one of the sharpest cranksets ever made.
Thanks! Yes, I love the Mighty Tour. The Motobecane branded crank that is on a boat in the Atlantic (I'm told) looks to be a Super Maxy. The Super Maxy is swaged, unlike the Mighty Tour, but I've never seen a swaged crank fail so I don't care.

It really is a functional bike. Newman is not a cyclist, but wanted a bike to ride with his wife and to run errands around the city. Parts of our conversation went like this:

Me: Newman, do you want fenders on your bike?
Newman: Please. I don't want to look like the hipsters I see riding around with a brown stripe up their back.
Me: Do you want some sort of rack so that you can haul some items?
Newman: What good is a bike going to do me if I can't bring home two pounds of pork belly and a bottle of bourbon?

Last edited by ColonelJLloyd; 07-07-11 at 01:14 PM.