Old 07-07-11, 01:24 PM
dbshabo

Bikes: Giant Roam 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have the same situation as you and your wife. I just bought a Roam 1 as well. I really like the bike but I also have come to the conclusion that I will be doing a lot more road riding than trail riding.

I could have done without the front suspension for sure. That would have reduced cost and weight. This bike is still much lighter than the steel framed beach cruiser I have been riding for a long time. I'm gonna wear the tires out and put some thinner street tires on it next. Someone told me I should be able to get 35cm tires on the stock rims. I also have a set of Ergon GC-3 grips on order. That will allow me to sit upright in the seat and maintain control of the bars when I want to take a break from my workout. I may even swap out the forks in the future for solids if I think it'll improve my rides. We'll see.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do with your situation. I agree with the poster who said that your fitness level will improve some of the perceived drawbacks you see in the Roam now.

Shabo