Old 10-16-02, 08:46 PM
killerasp
Syracuse Orangeman 4 Life

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by Hawkphoto
Alright you quivelers... the man needs help! Let us help him...

If you've got 2 grand, Buy an S-works hardtail!!! I have an M2, but you could have an M5! I love my bike, you could not pry it from my dead rigamortised hands if you had the jaws of life and Park tire irons! If you really want the full suspension though, and it would be difficult to blame you, get an FSR XC w/ high end components and rims. (where do you live?). Check out Cambria Bicycle Outfitters - CBO... they throw together some really amazing custom packages just to show off sometimes! That's how I got mine, everything was totally tricked out right down to the Nuke Proof Carbon Hubs! I would hold off on the Epic for at least 1 year (Field Testing and Price Drop).

Specialized is an excellent company! I feel somehow attached and loyal to them... I've ridden their bikes since 1989!

That said, For the same price as a tricked out FSR XC, you could buy a Giant NRS-1 w/ disk brakes! Or, an NRS - Air w/ Crossmax Tubeless Disk Hoops for about $2600!

Ignore that last para. Buy Specialized! You could not possibly be disapointed. Their geometry is comfortable yet nimble and ready for anything twitchy... in other words "Controlably Aggresive"!

Good Luck Dude,

Don't hesitate to ask more specific questions, and we'd all like to hear the details of your riding style as discussed in the other posts...

Peace and Love

Hawk
1. why do you suggest a HT? Wouldnt a FS be better?
2. do you think i would save if i waited for a frame price drop and get it custom?