View Single Post
Old 07-08-11, 07:15 AM
Beverly
Senior Member ??

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Released to ride agan....and update.

My surgeon gave me the okay to get back on the bike Wednesday but he said to listen to the body. I promised him I would and started with a five mile trip around town to run a couple errands. It felt great to be back on the bike.

The pathology report from the surgery ruled out the 5 day radiation treatments due to the size and location of the tumor. The size of the tumor also brought up the possible need for chemo before the radiation treatments. This is not what I was hoping for but if it's needed then that's what I'll do. My records have been sent to the oncologist and I have a July 19 appointment to discuss my options and treatment plan.

My biggest problem at the moment is getting over the side effects of prednisone. I managed to contact poison ivy about a week ago. I always have a severe reaction to it and generally end up on medication. This is the first time I can remember experiencing such bad side effects.....dizziness, indigestion, nervousness, etc.

I'm planning to take advantage of this window before treatment begins to get in some shorter rides. After the 5 mile ride yesterday I think I can handle 20-30 mile rides without any problems. The area of the surgery has healed nicely and I'm not having any problems.

Now if it will just quit raining I can drag that bike out of the garage again

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith